TrelCor technology is a next-generation bioactive material1 used in Biogennix advanced bone graft products. TrelCor technology provides a unique approach to healing by combining three advanced bone regeneration properties into one material.
- Utilizes a nanocrystalline surface to positively influence cellular attachment, differentiation, and function.2
- Contains a surface composed of HCA (hydroxycarbonoapatite) which jump starts the healing process due to its similarity to natural bone mineral.3
- Features a biomimetic pore architecture similar to cancellous bone that allows for bone growth through the entire graft material. The pore structure also provides an optimal combination of strength and porosity that resists crushing during intraoperative placement.
- Offers dual-stage resorption through a unique biphasic composition that times new bone formation to the resorption of bone graft material.1
- Data on file.
- Zhang J. et al. “Cells Responding to Surface Structure of Calcium Phosphate Ceramics for Bone Regeneration.” Journal of Tissue Eng. And Regen. Med., vol. 11(11): pp 3273-3283 (2017).
- Spence G. et al. “Osteoblastic Response to Resorbed Ceramic Surfaces; The Role of the Osteoclast in Osteoconduction” Key Eng. Materials Vols. 309-31: pp. 207-210 (2006).